Google+ Followers

Sunday, May 24, 2009

General Motors to File Bankruptcy?

I hear very bad news today as my husband tells me General Motors will be filing bankruptcy, if so it is a bad day for us. All the years my husband paid extra to have me on his insurance is gone, we dont get any of that back, 31 years of working for them and the pension is gone. I tried my hand at selling on Etsy but I have to be realistic, no more hoping Etsy is a business for me, as 2 years and only 46 sales not the hundreds and hundreds I had hoped for. No more fun and games with no sales for me, I'll have to get serious and if Etsy is not the money maker I need then so be it.

4 comments:

EverImprovingMe said...

My thoughts are with you.

mermaiden said...

oh yes, hard times indeed when the dream job is not working, nor the mundane one. keep the faith that another door will open (i'm trying to as well!)

Maggie R said...

When you mentioned Etsy I thought I would tell you there is a new online place to sell called ARTFIRE
You can join for free and there is no fee for listing or selling. If you want to pay $12.00 a month you get more options. I joined for free but have not listed anything yet. I know some gals that have joined and really like it..
worth a try.
xoxo
((((hugs))))
Maggie

Jeanne Selep said...

I'm sorry about your bad news. I pray that God will help you (and GM) emerge from this bad business. You are a creative artist, and I hope that you will cherish the enjoyment you get from your art. May your realistic attitude get you through these times.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails