Google+ Followers

Thursday, July 11, 2013

Fiber Group Dye Party

July 9th for our group meeting we had a dye party.  I didn't soak my fabrics in the dye but brushed dye on the fabrics and when dryed the colors came out pastel.  I wanted a darker color so re dyed with what I have on hand and the dye's are years old.  I recommend you check to make sure there are no chunks or dirty dye in the bottle when using it as it can and will splotch your fabric.
It was a fun evening and I enjoyed it tremendously.

Now the wet dyed fabric was fab but like I said when dried it was lighten to pastel.
Here are some redyed wet.
each color dried





3 comments:

Martha said...

They look like little summer dresses in the first few pictures. I too was a bit surprised at how little dye soaked in with the brush treatment. But I like your results!

thebutterflyquilter said...

I think these are beautiful!! I can already design things in my head to use those for. I know what ever you do with them will be beautiful!

DownHome Designs said...

They may be pastels, but they are beautiful!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails