Hi I used Beryl Taylor's making fabric paper technique that was in the Quilting Arts gifts magazine, Holiday issue winter 2008 to make this paper fabric. I went a little further by using organza as my fabric choice and a blank white tissue. To get the crinkly look to this I heat set it with the heat embossing gun, in doing so I melted the organza enough for it to crinkle, this made some great looking homemade fabric with valleys and ridges. Another little thing I have done on this piece is lay wax paper on top and iron it onto the paper part and it give it a waxy sheen. I do this about 4 or 5 times and between freezer paper, parchment paper might be better as it doesn't stick to too many mediums.
Tuesday, January 26, 2010
Ok. I so liked the new look of the ACEO's I have been making, I made some and offer them to those who like to collect little works of art for their own. In my Etsy shop now, listed seperately
Saturday, January 23, 2010
This batch has 9 cards, that make's a total of 28 trading cards for soldiers.
Background is made using a copy of my postcard fiberart on a 8" by 10" cotton sheet printed from my computer, craft ribbon is laid on then tulle with free motion stitching. The hearts are felt that I hand dyed.
contact me if you want to join us creating Art from the Heart for our wounded soldiers in our Threads for Soldiers. email@example.com
Hello! Just finished 8 more artist cards for the soldiers.
These I made using a print of one of my artworks that have been digitaly manipulated then layered with organza and tulle and free motioned stitched. The heart was made using Beryl Taylor's making fabric paper technique that was in the Quilting Arts gifts magazine, Holiday issue winter 2008. hand dyed tissue paper glued onto organza, cool huh?
Friday, January 22, 2010
Sunday, January 17, 2010
I am working on new ATC's. I made these for Threads For Soldiers : http://threadsforsoldiers.blogspot.com/
This is our way to let our wounded warriors know that people at home do care about them and for them to have a little piece of inspiration to carry with them.
Friday, January 15, 2010
Here are all 3 of the FAT pockets: I used blocks I made in the late 1990's. snip snip and theyr'e good to go. metallics, fancy fabrics and copies of orginal ATC's I made years ago. tulle layered on top with lots of small free motion stitching with (gulp) silver metallic thread. Even tho the silver metallic thread kept breaking I used it to finish all 3 of the FAT pockets, what I did was added invisible thread to the metallic thread and it seemed to help it not to break. These measure 5 inches by 3 inches.
I am doing a trade with my FAT group at Yahoo. I'm making 3 FAT pockets for the exchange. I finsihed 1 and just had to show it off to everyone.
When I finish the other 2 I will update this post.
Monday, January 11, 2010
Finished a custom pincushion to match a Victorian crazy quilted needlecase. Don't let the color fool you as the silk ribbon roses are varigated purple and both ar emsotely purple, green and blues. The blue on the needlecase is really a turquoise color and not the color blue that I got from editing the photos. The pincushion is mounted on a recycled mushroom jar top. Both are beautiful, elegant and so Victorian.
This set is sold. contact me if you are interested in a similar set.