Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Paper Fabric


Hi I used Beryl Taylor's making fabric paper technique that was in the Quilting Arts gifts magazine, Holiday issue winter 2008 to make this paper fabric. I went a little further by using organza as my fabric choice and a blank white tissue. To get the crinkly look to this I heat set it with the heat embossing gun, in doing so I melted the organza enough for it to crinkle, this made some great looking homemade fabric with valleys and ridges. Another little thing I have done on this piece is lay wax paper on top and iron it onto the paper part and it give it a waxy sheen. I do this about 4 or 5 times and between freezer paper, parchment paper might be better as it doesn't stick to too many mediums.

2 comments:

Kathleen said...

Wow - that technique is really neat. I bet you could use release paper to iron it - it's made for the picture frame industry to use in dry mounting. The paper is a little bit heavier than freezer paper, but NOTHING sticks to it. I mean nothing! lol - not even tape =p

PersimonDreams said...

WOW! That looks gorgeous! I would love to feel it :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Powered By Blogger