Sunday, April 11, 2010

Art Bird Shrine

This past week we had a technique week in our FAT (Fiber Art Traders) Yahoo group. The technique was Art Bird Shrine, Sharon taught us this one and her quote on Monday was "The word for today---in fact for all this week---is SMALL" So I took her word on this and did what she instructed and these teeny tiny Art Birds came into creation. I call them the "OOpsy Birds" as I had fun using strips of this and discards of that, I love these little ones and right now I am making their nest of yarns and shiny metallic threads intertwined. They will roost in their little aspirin bottle that I making their shrine from.
They measure, the larger of the two: 2 inches which include the copper crown and stand by 1 1/2 inches,
the smallest one measures: 1 1/2 inches by 3/4 inches not including the head crown.

(I see a little bit of Alice in Wonderland influence in them, what do you think?)



No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Powered By Blogger