Monday, June 7, 2010

ADO (Artdolls only) Challenge







"Alice in Wonderland", any character. I saw a cool picture of the Cheshire cat on the internet. here is my work in progress.
Anyone can participate, come follow us down the rabbit hole and join us, follow the link to find out how.



I used air dry clay, this is a first time for me. The top picture is a rough work and the next 2 bottom pictures show where I applied slip to the creature. (slip is a mixture of clay and water to make a thin almost sludge consistency)
Wire was used on the ears and tail, the tail is a little loose ( sewsawing back and forth) but I will probably have to glue it in place after the piece dries. I will give it 1 week for drying.
I think maybe wings on it's back would make this creature look even cooler.

10 comments:

mermaiden said...

what an AWESOME critter!

LeAnn said...

WOW!! You are doing an amazing job!

LeAnn
www.DoodleGirls.etsy.com

smellyrhinostudio said...

I love it! wicked!

Faerie♥Kat said...

Best full-body attack of the Cheshire cat I've EVAR encountered! With a grin like that, I'd believe everything this cat told me. Super-superlative!

Artist/Painter said...

Very cool!

kimkim said...

I think that this is fabulous,you are obviously a sculpture,its shows in this work,nice job!

Eden Carnes said...

always did love that cat - helpful AND mad <3

Unknown said...

He is so cool!
spooky and mean, just how I like em.

Yovanka Black said...

Very spooky indeed!!!!
I love the scale of your work and all of the "exoskeleton" details :))))

Very VEEEERY cool work!!!!!



Yovanka

Emme Toaye said...

What a spooky-cute personality and you can just see that mischievous spark in that critters eye!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Powered By Blogger